The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Leave

I cycled to work today. This was good practice for when I go to the new job, as I'm going to have to cycle to Great Hollands, as it's just a bit too far to walk to from home. This is probably a good thing because no-one really wants to live too close to Great Hollands. Anyway, it went well. I did the trip in just over 10 minutes, which was OK, and I wasn't all that out of breath either, which was pleasing- certainly not as much as I was when i rode home the day it was repaired! Now I've just got to ensure that I don't get any more punctures or do any more damage and I'll be happy.

I can also report that a week after I got them, my new glasses are proving to be a success. As the sun was shining today I decided I'd try out the reactolite pair today and they worked! The change is slow at the moment, but I'm told that it'll improve as I use them more. Good stuff. The new look is rather nice. I got 6 years of wear out of the last two pairs, so I think a change was overdue. They were expensive, but they look nice, so I'm not going to complain!

I'm getting ready to move on now. I'm handing over all my tasks to the others, but trying to make a list of all the things I do is taking a bit of thought; I just do them without thinking half the time! I will miss everyone at Bracknell a great deal. I've worked with them all for a long time, but it's not as if I'm going far, and I'll still have lots of contact with them, which is good. I've got to arrange a leaving do though, as I want to make sure I say goodbye properly! Julia was working how much leave I'm owed, as I start a new leave year when I move to the new job. Apparently, because I haven't taken much of the leave I've got for my current year yet, I might be owed 60 hours! Now they either have to carry it over, or they have to pay me the balance- either way I'm going to win!

Speaking of goodbyes, Jim walked out today. It was a bit of a shock, but I can understand why he's done it. He's been unwell for a while and worried about the stress the under manning has been having on his heart, and well, the atmosphere has been horrible in the building for some time as the SMT continue their personal vendettas against each other. Maybe this will make them stop and think, but I doubt it. Poor old Jim. I hope he's done the right thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Ah so you're another one who bikes to work?

We ought to see how many people from Bracknell group bike and have a Whovian Biking Event ... or maybe not.

10:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home