The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ungrateful wretch!

I'm a bit cross with a friend of mine. I helped him out with some library stuff earlier in the week to support a job application, and I haven't received a word of thanks from him. It doesn't take much to just send a quick email does it? It's rude and selfish and highly ungrateful, especially when i took the time to help in a week where I should have been concentrating on my own job prospects.

The preparation for my own interview going well. I've been doing a little research on current issues- extended schools, heath and safety issues, promotion ideas that kind of thing. The better prepared you are, the better off you'll be. Finger crossed, eh? This morning I've got a slightly later start than normal as I'm working at Birch Hill library, which is one of the libraries I could be in charge of. It's very good timing, as I'll have a chance to have a good chat with Pat Taylor, who currently runs it, and get some ideas from her. It can't hurt, can it?

I bought my first suit yesterday. I can't quite believe that I've got to over 30 without owning one. I've had plenty of jackets and smart trousers, but never a proper suit. It looks good on me I have to say! Maybe it's because I rarely get dressed smartly that it makes all the difference?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as we hired you one for the wedding then wasn't it!

4:21 pm  
Blogger Si said...

It was indeed- though as I said I have ownded various nice (and not so nice) jackets down the years, so I can look smart when I need to.

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home