The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A lovely new morning!

What a beautiful morning it is. The sun is shining, the winter has arrived, and it's cold outside. I'm feeling very cheerful.

There's been lots of good news over the past few days. Firstly Steve is better at last, and it's really lovely to have back to being cheerful and happy all the time. I was very worried about him for a little while you know.

Secondly, Steve had a good birthday. He liked his presents. That was a relief because I didn't feel I'd been very inspired and he didn't give me any ideas until it was far too late. Sometimes it's hard to keep on buying the right things, but I seemed to do OK. He got a good haul of stuff and seemed to be very pleased overall. Now I'll have to convince him that since he was bought the new saucepans, he'll have to do the cooking... somehow I don't think I'll win!

Thirdly, we went to a fab concert with Steve's parents on Sunday. We saw many legendary people on stage that I never thought I'd get to see: Gary Moore, Pete Townsend, Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens), Steve Winwood, Bill Wyman... among others. I didn't know all the songs, but I did enjoy them. Wonderful!

Fourthly, the new potential job has been advertised. I have the details and the application form printed off ready. My trip to Great Hollands on Friday was useful and has given lots of ideas and much inspiration. It's not the best library in the borough, and never will be, but there's lots that can be done to make it a hell of a lot better than it currently is. Fingers crossed, eh.

Finally CROWDED HOUSE ARE REFORMING! I found out this morning and I've been grinning ever since! This year I might get the chance to see my favourite ever band play live again! I never imagined that would ever happen, so I'm feeling very happy!

What a lovely day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary Moore? Wow! Ok I'm impressed - one of my first albums (and much listened to) I ever owned was one of his (along with Anthrax, ZZ Top and Prince - yeah, work out my musical tastes from that Last.fm!)

I feel i should know whom Steve Winwood is...

8:29 pm  
Blogger Si said...

He was in the 60s/ 70s band Traffic and had a successful solo career in the 80s.

Si

7:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, well I've never heard of them, so it must just be one of those no-mark names that the media are always touting as "kewl". :)

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home