The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

British Bloody Gas

Hooray for the wonderful people at British Gas!

In the middle of last month they threatened to cut off our electricity due to an unpaid bill, despite having rung them up and paid on their automated line. So I rung them up again, spoke to an operator and then thought no more of it. Yesterday i found they'd taken the money twice, which was frustrating, but not a huge problem, as I thought I'd give them a call and straighten the matter out with them. I spent 15 minutes waiting for an operator, to whom I explained the matter. He didn't quite get what I was on about- saying their system only showed one payment had gone through, fair enough I said, but my records, in front of me, show that I have had two lots of the same money taken out of my account. What were they going to do about that? he still didn't quite grasp that, despite me telling him the dates both sets of money had been taken out of my account. So he put me on hold... and 30 seconds later cut off my call.

Well now I'm really angry. First of all, that's appalling "customer care" and secondly, they haven't actually sorted my problem out at all. So today they're going to get a very snotty letter, complaining about the original matter (and at least I can send a copy of the bank statement to them to prove my case) and also a major complaint, yet again about their appalling customer service. I'd better get my money back too, or else there will be trouble.

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

We signed up to go back to British Gas last year after they contacted us because "we're cheaper than your current supplier".

Erm no, by the time we were put as their customers they'd put up their prices about 20% ... gits!!!

10:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home