The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Soul Man

Last night we took a trip out to our second gig of the year, a special concert put on by BBC 4 for their Soul Britannia series (which we haven't been watching, ah well). We joined Steve's family for the evening to see many soul stars I hadn't really heard of before- Geno Washington, Jimmy James, Eric Burdon, Madeline Bell & Sam Moore, but it turned out to be a great gig. Although i didn't know the names, I knew the songs and we were soon all up dancing, singing along and soul clapping! The gig is on the TV in a couple of weeks time, so I'll try and catch that and see if we make it onto the screen.
Looks like we'll be making to a gig a month for now, as we went to the tribute to Jim Capaldi last month, now this one and next month we're off to see Air. Great! I love seeing live music.

Steve's family always make me very welcome, and last night Susan and Stuart said a few things that made me feel really good, especially the comment about being another brother to them! I know it sounds a bit soppy, but it's really lovely to be so accepted, especially as it could be really awkward, considering. It's good to know, because sometimes I think I'm perhaps a bit quiet around them, because despite everything my shyness does still come out occasionally. Obviously it's only me that notices. That's good.

Other than that, things are going nicely really. The Soap of Fatal Death had it's main recording session last weekend, with two more planned in the next fortnight, and it all went well. It's amazing how much work Si has completed on it already, and as with last year I can't wait to hear it all. It's great fun to do and I hope that comes across in the finished play.
I've also done my application for the supervisor job. The closing date was last Friday, so I'm hoping I'll hear if I've got an interview sometime this week. Everyone is treating it like a done deal, but I can't afford to be that complacent about it. It's not necessarily mine after all. I'm hopeful, but you never know who else might apply for it, especially as the neighbouring authority has just put 7 out of its 9 librarians jobs to At Risk status. I hope I haven't chosen the wrong career!

Oh and we finally got my bike repaired this weekend! Only 2 1/2 years after I last tried to repair it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Si!

Glad you enjoyed the gig. Sam Moore guested on "Later... with the Beautiful South", a DVD I have watched many times, so I know him. The others are a bit lost to a soul music hack like me I'm afraid!

I did a "Soap" scene before breakfast this morning! It's taking over my life!!

By the way, perhaps you could send me a short (ten second) test file taken with your mic & setup before you tape Ant's scenes, just to make sure the levels etc. are right. I'd hate for him to record a few hours worth of material for it then to be unusable or something!

Si.

12:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home