The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Interview!

I got an interview, and quite right too if you ask me. Friday morning at 11am, I'll be in there with Fiona, Julia and Doreen. It should be comforting to be interviewed by people you know, but in some ways it's worse I think. Especially as I know Julia very well, as she's my current line manager. I'll just have to be myself, answer their questions and hope for the best. I think I can anticipate what they're going to ask me and I know that I've got a wealth of experience to draw on, as well as a good knowledge of the way things work in Bracknell Forest Libraries, plus, of course a fairly up to date idea of what issues are facing public libraries at the moment. But I will be doing lots of preparation this week, because you can never be too prepared.

I had a lovely weekend. Si and Simon, Ant, Dave and Jonno came to visit us, to do some final recording for The Soap of Fatal Death, and to record another little audio adventure for later in the year. They did well. In fact I left the room at one point during the recording of the Exec voices because I was giggling too much! Dave and Jonno were giving their all in slightly different ways and the contrast was brilliant! They were even better than the Vardan style voices I'd imagined! The of course, since I was imagining Vardan style voices, that wasn't too difficult really!
I can't wait to hear the finished product. I think this one will ultimately stand up better than Protii did, if only because the story is better. However i think we all learnt a
lot from doing the first one and we've played to our strengths this time round. I'm looking forward to hearing what Si's done in post-production... and then the reactions...
Then we can write the next one! I think we might bow out on a high before we let everyone else have a go at the writing. Hope so!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd wish you luck with the interview, but you don't need it.

Walk in. Sit down and say "It's okay girls, your new top man is here"

;)

2:06 pm  
Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Good luck on the interview - this Friday? No doubt you'll be down the pub afterwards???

10:18 pm  
Blogger Si said...

I will indeed- looking a bit smarter than I usuall do!

I might need a drink to celebrate or commiserate or something!

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home