The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Supreme Branch Supervisor.

You know what? I got the job!

I'm really pleased about it, obviously. Apparently I interviewed very well, having done some research and I sounded enthusiastic about the job! I even admitted that sometimes I feel passionately about the job! Oh my! Now I've just got to see it through...

It's going to be quite a challenge over the next few months, but I'm up to it, I hope. Great Hollands needs a lot of enthusiasm, effort and work to turn it round. It's been uncared for for a few years now and so the standards, use and issue figures have dropped significantly. I think with a little care, that it can be turned round again. Not locking the doors when any kids come near will be a good place to start, along with making it look like a place that the staff care about will make a difference. It's almost a blank canvas for me to work on- what a challenge!
Birch Hill, in contrast needs little work, and has been looked after, so there's less to do. That's probably a good thing, as I'll need a break from all the hard work at Great Hollands!

I'm feeling very tired today. We've had a couple of tiring weekends, what with everyone being over for the recording last weekend, and then a great night with Chris, Tim and Ian in Chobham last night- lots of beer, but not as much sleep as I'd like! Still at least i don't have to worry about interviews or the like now!

Steve is currently addicted to Supreme Commander. I don't really understand the appeal, but I do have free access to the TV in the evenings at the moment, which is nice! I finally got a Blake's 7 review done for The Vervoid this week and I'm just about to watch Duel... if my eyes don't accidently close anyway...

2 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Great news on the promotion.

Supreme Commander - you create huge robots, then fight with them, what's not to get? It's like the Fight Club equivalent of wanting to put K-9 against C3PO in a grudge match ...

10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done you! Public librarians may get paid bugger all, but the career possibilities and job titles are so much better than HE!

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home