The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Uselessness

I feel a bit useless at the moment. Steve is suffering a great deal with his migraines and there's nothing I can do help. It's not a nice feeling to see someone you love suffering knowing that there's nothing you can do to help. Unfortunately I feel sometimes I've been less than sympathetic than I should have been about it, because never having had one (thank goodness) I have no idea what it's like.
Fortunately he's decided to go and see the doctor tomorrow, because having had one or more a day since Monday there's got to be something wrong. I hope there's something that can be done to help.

Anyway, I'm OK. That's something I suppose. 2007 hasn't got off to a great start for us really, but I'm still hoping we'll turn the corner soon.

I went to see Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf a stand-up comedy thing by Toby Hadoake. It was really good. There was much in his experiences that mirrored my own, and it was very funny. I think Steve would have liked it. It's on tour at the moment, so if any of you get the chance, go along!
There were several people I half recognised in the audience. Some were customers I knew from work, some were more difficult to place. I've probably seen them in the queue at Tenth Planet or something!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Wife can emphathise with you here - she can't do anything about my ears which continue to bother me most nights (sleeping's been pretty awful the last month they've been that loud).

Did think Steve had gone back to work a bit early as he'd clearly not over the flu.

7:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Steve. Oddly, I've only ever had one migrain. I've no idea why I got one on this particular day, and not on any of the thousands of others in my life, but I can sympathise with Steve as I've never forgotton the pain I was in on that day.

The only clue I had was that I had a headache and didn't do anything about it, and it kind of grew. In the end I was screaming in pain and Dad took me down the hospital. I lay on this hospital trolley and eventually it went away. I've never forgotton it though.

Much sympathy & get well hugs to Steve from me!

Si.

8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home