The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Wind and Delusionment

It's really very windy. This isn't a huge problem at the moment, despite all the recycling getting blown around the street, because so far the wind hasn't done any damage to the house and the trees in the front and back garden seem to bend nicely with the wind. It also meant I got to work in record time this morning as I wasn't pushing into the wind!

It did reinforce that I desperately need a haircut though. I looked very windswept by the time I got to the library doors this morning. You can see too much grey when it's this long, which isn't ideal... there' s still a bit of hope in me that it looks all black when it's short! I'm probably deluded, but if you can't delude yourself, who can you delude?

I'm feeling cheerful today. I had a good chat with Mum yesterday which put my mind at rest over some of the issues that have been raised recently. Things still aren't absolutely ideal between Mum and Dad, but it's probably too late for them to ever be now. I think we all have to learn to live with things as they stand: with the fact that Mum will probably move in with Adam and with the fact that Dad might just end up a bit bitter about things. We should have seen both of those things from the start. Mum hasn't been entirely straight with us from the start, which has caused most of the problems, and Dad has been gently manipulating that situation, which although we knew what he was doing hasn't made things easier.
Ah well. What can you do?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd lay off the sprouts mate...

6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home