The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, January 08, 2007

He's behind you!

I'm missing my PC. Due to the dramatic spilling of tea over the keyboard Steve uses with his PC, the other keyboard which has been used with my PC has been used on Steve's PC, and I'm sort of on holiday from my one! Of course, with the flu(Steve is almost recovered I'm pleased to report) and stuff, the usual routine is all out of kilter anyway, but I still feel odd being on the PC down here, in the corner of the living room, staring at the Beatles Sgt Pepper era calendar instead of the four Doctor Who postcards on the wall opposite my PC in the spare room. And my Last FM profile isn't being updated while I neglect it too! Ah well.

It's been a funny few days really. Saturday was somewhat frustrating for no good reason. It was raining, Steve was unwell and I really felt out of sorts with the world in general. I snapped at Steve for no good reason and then spent the afternoon apologising. Still, I was better in the eveining when I went to see Aladdin at the Reading Hexagon. I love panto and this one was really good. Starring the wonderful Christopher Lillicrap as Widow Twanky and the rrrrrrrrreally good Sylvester McCoy as Abanazarrrrr (He was on top form. Spoons, rolling r's and stresses on all the wrong words!)- we had a wonderful time. I love the silly jokes, the audience particiption and the lovely atmosphere at panto. I shall try and go again next year. They're doing Jack and the Beanstalk. I haven't seen Jack and the Beanstalk since I was young and we saw John Noakes, Valerie Singleton and Peter Purves in Bath! That gives you some idea of how long ago it was!
There was a starring role for a panda too. I find pandas very funny. I can't explain why, but they always make me laugh.

I'm busy researching the life of Brain Epstein at the moment for our next audio adventure. He seems to be such an unhappy man from what I can find out, and his death was just a sad unfortunate accident. What I'm finding is that he was a man in the right place at the right time and signing the Beatles was just a lucky break for him, almost against all the odds. In a funny way he had a strangely fascinating life, doting on "the boys", but unable to find anyone to share his life with and just getting involved with rough trade. It's sad really that he didn't live a bit longer and be able to enjoy the abolition of the law preventing homosexual relations. It might well have been the making of a very happy life for him.
Goodness knows what his relationship with Nick will be like, but I'm very much looking forward to exploring that in a couple of months time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home