The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Surviving Christmas

Despite all those worries, we survived Christmas. Everyone behaved, despite Mum and Dad's house being in total chaos for most of the day and a good time was had by all of us (except Dad possibly, who seemed very melancholy). Present of the day was Luke's Dalek Sec, which he was really pleased with. It seems we managed to get him the one present he really wanted, even if we managed to fox him by making him wait to open it last. Even the mighty Robo-Raptor was no match for the Daleks! A Dalek war broke out on the upstairs landing (for the first time in some years) and myself , Luke and Steve had a great time there for an hour or so. It was lovely to watch.

We had dinner with my lot and then late afternoon we headed off to Steve's folks in Croxley to watch Doctor Who. The special was good fun, and had us laughing all the way through, but the plot was a bit slight sadly. Still enjoyable though. Not as enjoyable as the Sarah Jane Adventures though, which was just superb. A very lovely little pilot for the forthcoming series with much potential for fun! We grinned a lot as we watched it on New Year's Day.

Steve's family are always fun to be with and I had a great time for the few days we were with them. We managed to avoid the stress of the planning, which was making Steve's sister a bit unhappy, but everything went well- even the wait for the presents on Boxing day evening (when everyone was finally there) was OK in the end (and more so for me because that's when K9 was unwrapped! Awww! I've waited for one for years and he's no disappointment. The best Doctor Who toy ever!)

Two Christmas dinners! Two Polish Christmas meals (that was good as it turned out. I enjoyed all the food a great deal) and much red wine. Who wouldn't be happy?

Well I came home, Steve went off to play computer games and I came down with the flu. Not good at all. My immune system is a bit poor at the moment and I need to make sure I boost it during the year, as having flu twice in one year isn't a good thing at all. Steve looked after me well though. I missed seeing The History Boys, which upset me a great deal as I was really looking forward to that, but there was no way I could have gone. I wouldn't have made it there, let alone back.
Now Steve has the flu, alas, and I'm looking after him.

Not a great start to the year, but at least things can only get better from here!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're not dead - that's good, although I'd already called dibs on your stereo ;) Ah well, I'll make do with your continued survival.

I keep on the vit-E (chewable, from Boots - tasty almond flavour) at the moment as a way to keep the body ready to fight off the dreaded lurgy - I've avoided the sickness-vomiting bug that's been going around these parts perhaps as a result of this (took the Wife out of action for at least a week)

10:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Si, hope you are both back to full health soon. Really pleased to here Christmas was okay after all, and I look forward to "meeting" K9!

Si.

8:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home