The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Simon Hart MSc!

Ha!

I passed! I wasn't really surprised, but I was pleased when I found the results waiting for me on Saturday afternoon. It seems like it's been a long time coming somehow, especially with all the dramas of the lost dissertation and the lost module results. The feedback on the dissertation was good. I scored 64% overall, which was pretty good, and as usual I fell into the trap of description rather than analysis, despite trying really hard not too. I was pleased though with the score, and I don't really think I could have done much better than I did really, not in the time I had and with the constraints of the people who wanted to be involved in the research.

So, I'm a qualified librarian. Now all I need to do is find a job where I am able to ustilise all these skills I've got. Easy! January I'll begin the hunt. There are rumours of a job coming up running the three small branch libraries, which might be good, but really I think I'd like to do something that uses my new skills better. I could have done that before the course, and I've done the management thing before. Still the pay is at the same level as the librarian jobs, so maybe it would be a good stop gap job... We'll see.

It was Vic's 30th on Friday. We celebrated fully with her! There was dinner with Mum and Dad on Friday, which went ok, but felt a bit awkward at times for all of us, although both Mum and Dad seemed to be pleased with the way it went, and then a lovely meal out in Windsor on Saturday night. Sometimes I feel a bit awkward with other people's friends, but I've known Janet and Sarah for a long, long time now, and it was only them, Em and Kev (my cousing and her fiancee) and Jay and Laura there this year and it was really good. I had a nice chat with Janet and Sarah, which was good. I don;t know why I've felt so removed from them the last few times I've seen them, as none of us are really that different from when we used to play together in the street when we were kids. It's probably just me being silly. It usually is!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I say

1) Congrats.
2) It's M.Sc (as in Master of Science)
3) According to the President of CILIP you're not a qualified librarian until you're chartered ;)

10:36 pm  
Blogger Si said...

Your pendentry is noted. :)

7:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Si!

Si.

9:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because I'm not only qualified, I'm a qualified, chartered mentor (with delusions of god-hood)

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home