The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Back and Forth

There's been so much going on recently that I really haven't had time to devote to the little things that take up some time like keeping up with the blogging. I'm not complaining because inbetween worrying about how things are going between Mum and Dad and the general day to day stuff like work and cooking dinner and watching as much as BBC4's Science Fiction Britannica as possible, there has been some really nice stuff going on.

For instance we had a lovely day in London a couple of weeks back where myself, Si and Richard met up early to celebrate the five years we'd known each other. It was lovely to have a little time to look back over all we've done, all the ups and downs and many of the happy memories we've got. It's easy to underestimate how much meeting them turned my life around from the pretty dull ebb it was at around the middle- end of 2001. The nostalgia was heady but not overwhelming for me because there's still so much to look forward to... Looking back is only bad I think when it's all you've got. I've been there...
The PS Meet was probably one of the finest ever. Everyone seemed so comfortable and happy to be there with each other. There were no great upsets on the day and everyone had a chance to mingle and chat to each other. It's one of the things that makes being part of the forum special, the friendships that exist outside of the online forum. There are so few places like that.

That hasn't meant that the move to the new forum has been seamless. There has been one incident that has marred it a little. I'm not going to take sides over the matter as I have friends on sides of the divide, but it all seems to be a lot of reaction over very little at all to me. Its a shame but I suppose until someone has the good grace to say sorry nothing will be resolved. Hey ho.

The new website/ forum has been a great success though, especially the forum which has had over 3000 posts in less than a week! I think we can all be quite proud of the work that has gone into it really. I think this was a good move for the forum in general and it can only get better and better in the coming months. I hope so!

Last Saturday afternoon I looked after Luke for the first time. That was great. I've waited a long time to do that and I made the most of it. We watched Doctor Who (well it was what he wanted to do- he'd whispered that to me so his Mum didn't hear when he came to see me at work the week before!) and it took a while to choose which one he wanted to see, but he eventually settled on Earthshock, which was a pretty good choice! He likes the Cybermen you see.
So we sat cuddled up on the sofa together and he watched intently and managed to follow what was going on very well. He took to the new Doctor (for him!) quite quickly and I think he really enjoyed it!
We also baked some chocolate fairy cakes which were a success and chased him round the house with the remote control Dalek, which he tried to fend off with Steve's Sonic Screwdriver! Ha! I'm not sure who the biggest kid was in the house that afternoon. A good time was had by all and I hope it's not too long before we get to do it again. He certainly behaved himself for us (which surprised his Mum!) and I'd be happy to babysit again sometime.

Sunday we went back to West Hampstead to see Phil and Emma and all they've done to the flat. It was great. I've given Phil a bit of hard time really, probably because I was upset about what happened that day when I was really unwell over there- but he's really a lovely guy. I think Emma has been really good for him! The flat is looking really good and they've worked hard on it. It did point out to us how little we've done here though! Maybe we'll get started on that in the new year... maybe!

I am trying as hard as possible not to get drawn into the disputes between Mum and Dad, or at the very least not be seen to be taking sides. It's very difficult though. I don't know what to think half the time. I know there's plenty of wrong been done on both sides, but it always feels like there's loads more going on behind the scenes that we're not privy too. It'd be easier if I didn't care, but I don't like seeing Dad hurting like he obviously is and I don't like Mum appearing to be heartless and cold. Oh well. We're getting through it... No-one is looking forward to Christmas though. Goodness knows who's going to be there and what'll happen!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why oh why oh why are they going ahead with Xmas like that? Madness, honestly you all know it's going to be awful! Are they doing it out of some misplaced "Well it's the last time the children will have us both together" idea? You have my sympathies on this - clean break would be better all round.

I understand you're due to ring me sometime - feel free - despite the deafness I can make out enough now to hold a conversation. Well somewhat. Well, if we talk about Sky-figh maybe ;)

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally a blog update!

I wish I had a young nephew who liked Doctor Who. Why won't my sister get on and pop a sprog?

I agree with KingGoose - I feel you're setting yourself up for a turbulent Christmas when perhaps it would be better to try and do something different straight away, as I suppose you will next year.

Si.

8:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home