The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Friends will be friends...

There's something really wonderful about a friendship you can pick up after not seeing each other for 11 months and it feels as if you'd only seen each other the day before. I'm still pleased to say that it's pretty much like that with Gaz. I had a marvellous time last weekend with him and Sarah, seeing their new (well OK, new to us) house (I was quite amazed that they could love in it to be honest- though it would probably suit me and natural untidiness I suppose!), but it's a renovation in progress and will be fantastic when it is all complete.

We had some laughs, some good food (well of course, this was Gareth we were visiting. I really liked the chili soap, even if I did seem to get the bulk of the chills!), some very exciting fireworks (The Tank we bought was pretty impressive, but eclipsed by Gareth's Intergalactic Travel, which despite the dull name was the firework of the evening!) and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which Steve snoozed all the way through and through which Gareth's friend Steve said all the lines about 30 seconds before they came on screen! I managed to not quite talk to Ruth about anything important (just like I used to- I've never been sure what she thinks of me, to be honest) and well, much as it pains me to say it (!) it was very good to see Gaz again!

I hope it won't be another 11 months before we meet up again, and plans are sort of made to make sure it isn't... we'll see!

We also saw David "Irishboy" Arnott this week. He's over here for a few days each week for the next few weeks with work and we took the chance to have a meal and couple of drinks with him. He's a lovely guy, who despite some shoddy treatment from me at my most selfish a few years back has been quite forgiving and looked after me at the hospital when I last dislocated my shoulder in Nov 2002. We had a good catch up over dinner, saw some pictures of his boyfriend who sounds very lovely (and much deserves- it was a long standing joke between us that he'd never find anyone!) and talked about Doctor Who quite a lot (well we would, wouldn't we) Lovely evening!

I've had a general feeling that I've neglected a lot of people over the last year or so. Things slip, times goes so quickly and before you know it it's been months since you last chatted to each other. I've had lots of good excuses for it, but they're running out now and I think it's time I made the effort to get in contact with a few people and make amends... and make sure that i don't neglect the good friends I already have. There's not always enough time, but I have to make sure that I don't let things slip any further.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"amazed they could love in it". Freudian slip?

But yeah, hell I'm amazed considering what a wreak the place was how much still remains to do. Hopefully next few weeks will see bedroom 3 start to appear more...house like!

And I think the online domain helps keep our friendship fresh and zesty! Just wish you and Steve didn't live so flipping far away - was smashing of you both to come so far!

10:26 pm  
Blogger Si said...

Love in? Whoops!

It was definitely worth Steve doing the long drive up there and the drive home seemed even shorter than the drive up had done (and neither felt as bad as we expecetd them to be)... it's not as bad as York after all!

7:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love in? I'm just wondering about the chilli soap!

12:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMmmn, warm chilli soap.

For someone with an English degree, El Sim does make the most amusing gaffs...

8:34 am  
Blogger Si said...

It's the typing that lets me down and the fact that i don't o back and check it before I post it up.

That's my excuse.

9:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My seppellinh is soo bda that I use MS Wrod to spelll cehck them most of time.

(Hint - one of the above words was NOT mis-spelled on purpose!)

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home