The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Interviews

It always interesting looking after interview candidates. yesterday that occupied me at work for the whole day, making sure they could do their tests properly, chatting to them a little (aside from the shy 18 year old boy who didn't say anything) and marking their tests. It's odd to think that my little bit of contact with these people apparently gives me a bit of an insight into the candidates and that I'm often called upon for my opinion on them. If only they knew that, then they'd make the effort to talk to me!

So, the first woman I disliked because she didn't listen to the instructions I gave her, and as I was trying to take her upstairs for her interview she was still trying to answer part part of her test. Not good. Number 2 was OK, a standard middle aged woman candidate (I've seen many of them, strangely!) number 3 impressed me by being a very chatty middle aged man, and who admitted he couldn't do bits of the test, but, importantly asked me at the end to show him how he could have found it. I've done these test things many times, but no-one has ever asked me to help them at the end! I was quite impressed with that- and he ended up getting the job. Number 4 was OK, but didn't say very much and had an odd suit on with lots of scribbles over the left shoulder that i didn't like much. Number 4 was another standard middle aged woman, and number 5 was another young lad, full of confidence and who had helped Anna with something on the PCs upstairs while he was waiting. For that he probably deserved a job! he didn't get it, though.

So we have three new members of staff starting soon, which will help us no end. If they accept the offers of course... two of the last lot didn't... We'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Two of the last lot didn't" Was that after meeting you then old bean?

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home