The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Spokesman Si

I wrote recently about how I'd become passionate about my job... It's got worse. This week I've set myself as the spokesman for our team. On Friday morning we've got a meeting with the heads of service and I've found myself, over the last few days, getting everyone sorted ready for it, I've organised their comments into arguments and pertinent points and written it all up as bullet points so we can make sure that everything we need covered is covered. How did this happen? Well I suppose I've got a reputation as a troublemaker ever since the day I maliciously walked down the corridor and possibly pushed past the head of service (and was duly hauled in her office for it too)
I don't know that it will do us much good, but as I've been saying all week, if we can make them squirm and feel very uncomfortable for a while then we've achieved something. We've got nothing to lose and we might as well get it all out in the open. There's certainly plenty of grievances to be aired.
Oh and the Bracknell News called today to ask about library closures. It could be the start of something rather damaging for the senior management. We all joked about shopping them to the papers, but no-one really meant it, now it seems that it's all about to come out in the papers. Oh my.

I'm having a very cheerful week. It's good after the low moods of last week. I've always been fortunate that I don't seem to stay down for very long. I think it also helps that it's Spring. Someone once said that Spring was my season, when the world comes back to life and everything becomes green and colourful after the greys of winter are over. Whoever said it was right, this is my favourite time of year. It's the most optimistic time of year, which is me all over!

Current Music: Lemon Jelly: Elements
Current Book: Robert Rankin: The Brightonomicon
Current Mood: Cheery

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring person you are.

Like Zebedee.

10:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And let's have a round of applause for Simon for sticking up for us all - shortly before he was dismissed for inappropriate conduct with a book trolley...

8:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home