The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Keep K9 Company...

It's always good to have a Doctor Who cover on the Radio Times. Over the years we've had some really imaginative ones and this week's sells the new series rather nicely. It's great to see K9 immortalised on the front of the magazine at last.
Of course, K9 was my first ever Doctor Who icon, before the Doctor, The TARDIS, all the other things there are to love in the show. I don't know what it was about him that really caught my young imagination back in 1979/80, but whatever it was, it's stayed with me. I can't wait to see him in action in a few weeks time.
We're gearing up the new series. Si and Simon are coming to stay to watch the first episode with us, which'll be fun (it's always good to see them) and I think we've got others coming to watch subsequent episodes with us. It makes it all far more of an event I suppose.

The lack of support from the management has again worried me today. last year we caught a customer stealing videos from the library and out CCTV footage was sent to the police. We were told at the time that he'd had a letter to say he was banned from using the facilities of the library.
Today he turned up. We've been told never to confront difficult customers without a member of the management team. None of them would come to the floor to deal with him. Even better, our head of service is convinced a letter was never sent. This is typical behaviour. It's not supportive of the frontline service, and even a simple thing like writing to this customer can't be managed. I'd almost be surprised if I wasn't so angry about it.

Current Music: Elliott Smith: From a Basement on a Hill
Current cake: Hot Cross Bun
Current people I'm working with: Sheila and Maggie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or has the BBC been a bit backwards at advertising this new series? If it wasn't for you and a passing comment on the Register I wouldn't have known it was back at all. Maybe it's the lack of crappy animal shows, and Celeb Come Make a Fool of Yourself bollox that I don't watch that means I've missed any trailers?

Re work - is the incident documented in any way?

As for customers stealing this - at Universities we call them students and there's not much we can do save fine them...

8:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't see how you can have missed the trailers kinggoose - they're on ALL the time! There's often three on every hour! One for Who, one for TARDISsodes, and one for 'Totally Doctor Who'. If you haven't seen them, then I have to ask if you watch TV at all? If not, then presumably the BBC don't really need to let you know it's on anyway. :-)

Si.

8:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I must not be watching any terestial TV then - hardly suprising since there's generally bugger all on worth watching.

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home