The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Foul moods

I was in an absolutely foul mood for most of yesterday.
You see, sometimes I get really cross about silly little things. Yesterday Steve woke me up at some ridiculously early (for a Bank Holiday) hour, and I desperately wanted to sleep in for a bit longer, but he shook me awake and that was it, I had to get up. It put in a really horrible frame of mind. It happens every so often... usually after a couple of days of late nights I need to catch up a bit. I'm not like Steve and I can't just snooze wherever and whenever I like, I need to sleep at night, and so being woken up at 7.45 for no good reason (it wasn't as if we were doing anything until 4pm) really didn't do me any good.
I'm stomped about, looked miserable, wasn't enthusiastic about anything, irrationally told him for everything he did and complained a lot. I wish I could say it helped me feel better, but it really didn't at all. My mood didn't really improve until late afternoon, after watching what was a fabulous Neil Finn concert on DVD (it's been ages since I last watched it and I'd forgotten how wonderful it all was)... Sometimes just hearing the music you love can have a positive effect.

It was good thing too, as yesterday afternoon marked the start of barbeque season, and if I hadn't been in a good mood, I think I'd have made the afternoon rubbish for everyone. As usual, Chris and Chris did us proud with some great food (Little Chris is a Barbeque expert... He likes his meats!) and it was a nice end to the day. I'm glad I cheered up.

Being back at work wasn't too bad today. Usual stuff. Just preparing stats for the chats we're having with the SMT about the restructure next week. They're going to be great fun once I get started on them!!

Current Music: The Flaming Lips: At War With the Mystics
Current DVD on Pre-Order: Best of the Harry Hill Show (coming in June)
Current Doctor Who: Fury from the Deep (Recon)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Si! I know what it's like to be in a bad mood, and especially to wake up when you need sleep and not to be able to get back to sleep again. I'm glad we were clear of Bracknell when your bad mood hit!

Si. xxx

11:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must have been something in the air. I spent most of Monday in Grumpyville (twined with Shouty-Town) as well, for no reason I could work out.

Cheered up by late afternoon mind you...

8:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home