The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Time for another cup of tea?

After getting a general thumbs up for my dissertation proposal and the first 6 marks, I've started working on it for real this week. Of course, I should have been doing this in the background over the last fortnight, but sometimes you need a little time to take stock and last week was particularly busy, so not a great deal got done. At the moment I'm concentrating on the Lit review, pulling my initial one apart and expanding it. There's a lot of material out there that's relevant, but a hell of a lot more that isn't, so its been quite an intensive few hours today searching for more references, and finding that much of what i found wasn't great. Ah well, it'll all look good in the log at the end I'm sure.
Maybe I ought to have worked on the questionnaire today instead? It's very difficult to decide what should be a priority. Ah well, maybe that'll be next week's task!

Still, if nothing else, I've had a several really good cups of tea today. In the best traditions of avoiding what I should be doing I've gone downstairs and made tea! It just goes to show that nothing has really changed since I did my degree!

A wedding invite turned up in the post today. I feel bad, but I don't think I want to go. Its not as if I'm close to my cousin (who's getting married for the second time) but there's an obligation there I don't like much. Dad has been pushing us to go, as he's not going to be able to be there. On the plus side there was an invite for Steve, which was something of a change, but as he's got a stag do to go to around then, he may not be able to go with me.
I felt I was being a bit mean about going to the stag do too. I've only met Muz for a couple of hours, and I just felt I'd be out of place there.I'm very probably wrong about that, and am just being a bit insecure in general about things. Ah well, both situations will be sorted out one way or another over the coming weeks I think.

Current Music: Kate Bush: Aerial
Current top: Grey Lonsdale Sweatshirt
Current Big finish Spin Off Series: Sarah Jane Smith Series 2

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you're spot on. Going to stag do's of mates with same-sex partners is a BAD IDEA.

A BAD IDEA.

Si.

7:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd second that - though I'd add going to a stag do in any case isn't that much fun unless you're a laddish-rawkish booze hound.

I've been to three including my own (and that was by design a gentle tour around a few restaurants, a bit of bowling and a few drinks before home to bed by 11 :)

The other two...hmn, yes what "fun" they were - and that was without a ssp...

8:13 am  
Blogger Si said...

The one I went to before was quite fun, and there was a lots of dancing and an incident which involved a pie and a pavement that always makes me smile when i think of it!

8:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we went we were the only guys who didn't dress up in drag for the night on the town! All these macho hetero sorts were donning flowery dresses and suspenders, but it just made us feel uncomfortable!

Si.

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home