The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Future Echoes...

After a few days of everyone saying how great Protii was on PS, the more honest comments are starting to come in. People are beginning to single out their favourite performances and just be a bit more honest with their thoughts. I'm pleased, because the only way we can get better is if we know what we're doing wrong. I know it's not perfect, and there are plenty of ways we can get better on the next one (it's amazing how easy it was to type that... we know it's going to happen!). Technically it's not great, with some of us (including myself) holding the mic too close and there were lots of popping sounds, but we can make sure we improve on that next time.

I think Paul hit a certain nail on the head when he said he should have read the script through a bit more and thought about the lines. It was a shame there wasn't time for a full run through really, to get everyone thinking about the script. It was easy for me and Si to know what we wanted, but I suppose because of lack of time we didn't really go in heavy on the direction front. Perhaps we should have? Paul has been generally harsh on his performance as the Doctor, but I think he did well. It's not an easy part to play, but he did bring something new to the role, and he seemed more at ease as the day went on. Perhaps, as he's said, he just needs a bit more of a push. I think he'll be great next time.

Current Music: Genesis: Duke
Current Book: Scarlett Thomas: PopCo
Current Magazine: Doctor Who Adventures.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll not be making any more comments on this until I hear this magnificent-octopus...

And considering how often people have mangled my scripts with their performances you have my understanding!

1:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there was a certain element of just seeing if we could do it to this one. And from a directing point of view, I was aware that people were hopefully there to have fun, so to bully them into re-recording the lines more than once might have soured that atmosphere. But, like you say Si, now we know we can do it, next time we can do it to improve! Really try and get some feeling into those lines, and work on the mood a bit more. It's gonna be great!

Si.

11:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And naturally, as a master-thespian I shall be only too happy to advise ;)

8:01 am  
Blogger Si said...

Well, of course, I'd expect nothing else! ;)

8:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lovie, I'm sorry but that Sontaran in the green just has to go. He's fluffed his lines twice and he keeps trying steal the scene from me which just will not do. And let's not even get onto what's been oozing out of his neck vent..."

12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home