The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Earache

I've had really bad earache all day today.
One of the things that not many people know about me is that for the first 6 years of my life I suffered really badly with ear problems. I had earaches a great deal of the time (I can remember some excruiating nights in our house in Weymouth when the pain was too much for me to bear and just sobbing my heart out) and I had many hearing tests to make sure there was no permanent damage to my ears. Fortunately it seems to have been something I've largely grown out of, but every so often I still get horrible earaches that keep me awake at night. Last night I had to get up for a while and find some painkillers to stop the pain so I sleep. I've been a bit out of sorts really because it.

Today has been ok for a day off. I did some more work on the dissertation, though I'm in a bit of a pause stage, as I can't get on with getting the questionnaires out until my tutor returns in a week and a half time, as she needs to make sure they're ok before I go ahead. So, I've had to do more of the dull bits today, pulling apart the lit review yet again and a bit of the write up of the methodology, which is as dull as it sounds.
Fortunately I've had a few things to do to help my sister out with things for her fund raising today too, so that kept me nicely distracted for a while, but really it's just been a day when I've felt largely detatched from everything.

Current music: Athlete: Vehicles and Animals
Current Book: Doctor Who- The Resurrection Casket by Justin Richards
Current mood: Distracted

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there's one thing I understand Sim - it's ear problems. Went through a dreadful patch myself last month (just after starting the new job). Kinda nervous about the flight this Sunday as well as that might well set them off again!

9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home