The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekending

There's always the hope of a quiet weekend in our house, but it never quite goes that way. We'd planned to do nothing at all, but a visit down south by Steve's friend Muz ensured we had a lovely evening out on Saturday.
I'd only met Muz once before and on that particular evening I wasn't in the best of moods (we'd had a bit of an argument before we went out to meet him), so it was really good to get out and talk to him properly this time. He's a lovely guy, one of Steve's oldest friends, who is now living in Bradford. Sometimes when you meet your partner's friends you can get lost in the conversation as they start to talk about things that happened years ago, but it wasn't like that at all on Saturday. You wouldn't have thought a cinema foyer ice cream parlour was the best place to go out (Muz's family are muslim, and so drinking or even going to the pub wasn't a viable plan), but it worked and it meant we could chat away without too much noice spoiling things. I'm glad I've got the oppotunity to get to know him a bit better and I'm sad now I can't make it to his stag-do in Poland (it clashes with that wedding I mentioned before, would you believe). Ah well!

Sunday was good too. A bit of a lie-in, some cleaning, visits from my parents and a good friend of ours, Ant, who was dropping some stuff back to us and then Doctor Who Night on BBC3. The new episode of Confidential dropped some tantalising glimpses of the new series (beginning next Saturday- Hooray!), most excitingly of all some glimpses of the returning Sarah Jane and K9... I can't wait!

Current Doctor Who: The Wheel in Space (still!)
Current Music: Elliot Smith: Figure 8
Current book for storytime: Charlie and Lola: I will not never ever eat my peas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Poland. That reminds me! I have no passport!

Muz is a thorougly nice chap. Crazy things used to happen to him, but he's grown up a lot since school. Always a pleasure to have his company! Its only a shame his fiancee Nicola was still up in Leeds.

1:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with ice-cream parlours!

Managed to miss all of BBC3's Dr Who night thanks to no advertising anywhere I was looking...

3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home