The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Grumble, Grumble

We're not swimming. It's a standing joke that one of us will find an excuse. We couldn't go on Monday because we needed to buy food (and I was in a really grumpy mood too) and tonight we can't go because Steve's foot is sore and he's tired and a bit grumpy too.

It's pretty much been that kind of week- all hassles and grumbles. Mum and Dad are behaving like kids at the moment, bickering over all the small details as the time gets closer to them going their separate ways. There's just little digs at each other that they make to all of us, as well as the more selfish and spiteful things. Mum's birthday is a case in point. It's her 50th on Saturday (just don't do the maths) and we wanted to take her out for a meal. We left this Saturday so that Adam could do something with her (not that we're really interested in that, but Jay is away, so we'll let them have this one) and decided on next Saturday instead. The plan changed a number of times. It was happening, it wasn't... Steve invited people round when I thought it wasn't happening. Now, it is happening, apparently. Well, Steve says we're not going. Everyone else says I have to. *sigh* Then Dad refused to babysit for Vic, so Mark might have to stay at home, and there's the general feeling that Mum doesn't actually care if we do it or not.
So I've suggested meeting for lunch on the Saturday instead. It might work as a compromise. I'm just trying to keep everyone happy, but I feel in a really awkward situation right now and I'm really fed up of it all.

Actually I'm pretty fed up in general of people telling me what I should do with my time. I'm perfectly capable of deciding that for myself, but you wouldn't know it. Yes, I haven't sorted my driving licence out, but I'm perfectly capable of doing that when I want to do that thank you very much. I'm far more likely to do it if people just leave me to it. I'm really been getting to me this week, as you can probably tell.

Still on the plus side I have plotted a potential audio adventure.I rather like it. It;s the bare bones of an outline and it needs some tweaking, but I think it works. I don't like plotting much, I much prefer the actual writing, but it's a good exercise to try it out and see if you can make it work. I need to do it more often, to practice. I'm sure the more you do it, the easier it'll become. I'm good on the initial idea, but the mechanics of the plot often let me down.
Oh and well done Steve, who's story came runner up in the BF story competition. He's very good you know and I'm ever so proud.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let them get you down Si! Life is too short to be bossed around.

And your story outline is fab!

Si.

3:46 pm  
Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Sorry to hear about you feeling a bit down - didn't know about your parents splitting, but then it's not exactly something anyone would advertise. The same thing happened with my soon to be sister-in-law when she was 23. A split can hit the kids hard even when they're grown up - doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do though.

Sounds like some swimming is much needed as a nice de-stresser. However if I might be so bold, I think you should go to the pool with the slides in Bracknell - the ones you can make yourself dizzy sick on - Steve'd love that.

Just a suggestion mind you ... don't want to become another person telling you what to do! ;-)

8:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home