The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Build up

Wedding build up continues! I've practised my reading several times- though I don't think either the Thesp version or Vera's reading of it will be the style I go with somehow, as amusing as it'd be for me! I've just got to remember not to read it as fast as I read the Shakespearean sonnet at my sister and Mark's wedding. I think I'm a bit more confident about public speaking and the like now than I was then.
Jay popped in last night, and he seemed really unfazed by it all. That's good. I think all the organisation is about done and he can just get excited about it now, which is exactly the way it should be. I still can't quite believe my little brother is getting married though!

It's been a funny old week. I've been very tired and a bit grumpy at work and spent another morning bickering at Great Hollands yesterday. Oh well, it happens and it's not worth getting upset about really. So I won't.

I had fun cutting up songs for use in the next play, where music is going to be quite important. I think there's a few bits that will be of use to Si as incidental music as well as background music in the scenes to make 1967 come alive! Everyone is up for the recording, which again will be spread over two days because of Dave Tudor's availability, but I'm sure we can make it work. At least most of his scenes will be with me, making it easier than it might have been otherwise.

I've also watched almost all of Trial of a Time Lord this week. I'm not going to apologise for that or for the revelation that I enjoyed it more than I ever have done before- even the atrociously written Vervoids section was fun to watch-mostly because of the actors and the little things from that story that have become iconic among my friends. The Sil section was the best one though, as I finally feel I've got a good idea about what's actually going on there and it's very funny too. Honest!

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Michael Jayston was bloody brilliant as the Valeyard, and in my opnion rescued that series almost single handedly.

I loved the Valeyard as a very much smoother villain than the Master ever was.

11:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home