The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Lack of Power

I'm absolutely exhausted this week. I think, finally everything is catching up with me. With just over a week until Jay and Laura's wedding, this isn't ideal and I'm going to ahve to make an effort to get a couple of early nights next week to catch up a bit.

It hasn't been a good week really. Wednesday was a very draining day. Just after i got up, we started to have a bit of a problem at home. All the lights started flashing and some of the plug sockets started to fizz in a rather nasty way. We raced round turning everything that was non-essential off, but the problem still persisted. Just after 8am all the power went off. Not good. Steve was quite calm about it, but there was a nagging doubt in me that was telling me it was something pretty big. I'm usually so optimistic too!
Anyway, I had to go to work and leave it. I was on a course (that was as good as sabotaged by some of the other people on it- or else I simply wasn't in the mood for other people fooling around) but it was niggling away at me all day. Anyway, we got home and there was still nothing. Dad had a look over it and didn't spot anything obvious, so there were few very tense calls to the insurance company and Southern Electric.
At 9.15 an engineer came out and had a look. It turns out, fortunately, that it wasn't a problem in the house, but rather with the connection from the main supply going into the house. That was a huge relief, as it means we're not liable for a huge repair bill. Thank goodness! At 10.30ish, a second set of engineers came out and connected us from next doors supply (though that's not as good as it sounds, they're not supplying our power alas!) and we're waiting for them to come out and dig up the road and reconnect us properly.
I don't mind telling you that for a while I was very worried about it being a huge problem. Still we did have a lovely evening without any TV, music or PCs when we just sat and chatted and had a bit of a laugh together. That was good. It's easy to get stuck in a rut and nice to have the oppotunity to do something a little different, even under those kind of stressful circumstances.

In othr matters, I've finished the first drafts of my episodes of our new story Magical History Tour and I think they're very good. They have a different feel to the other stories we've done so far and that's a good thing. Now I've just got to go through Si's episodes (they're very enjoyable too) and give them my input.

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Not had a night like that for a while. It's very like that episode of Red Dwarf when you realise even your can openers are electric. Can be a bit romantic though, and a good excuse for you and yours just to talk, something we get out of the habbit of doing.

10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home