The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

One month in...

I picked a lovely day to have the afternoon off work as my time off in lieu of Monday's supervisor's meeting. The sun was shining and it was rather warm and I took the chance to do rather less than I'd planned- so no Blake's 7 review, no haircut, but a pleasant trip into town, where I bought some books and a present for Pat Taylor (who retires tomorrow).

I also took the opportunity to pop in and visit everyone at Bracknell. I do miss them. I sent so long working with them all that it still feels a bit odd not seeing everyone everyday. My new staff are lovely for the most part and I've not really got any complaints about most of them, it's just not quite the same as all those years of familiarity we'd built up in my time in Bracknell. Still that comes in time, doesn't it?

As I mentioned, it's Pat's last day tomorrow and I'm going to miss her a great deal. I couldn't ask for a more level headed and lovely person as a mentor for the past few weeks. Some of the other supervisors, lovely as they are, lack a sense of perspective about things. Pat in contrast has always been one of the more sensible ones! She's shown me the basics of the job, eased me into my new role and left me a very good library to work in at Birch Hill. She's said a lot of nice things about me both to other staff and to the customers I'm inheriting and I think that has really helped smooth the path until I take over properly. She's very graciously promised not to come and visit for a couple of weeks to give me time to get settles and start to change the things I want to change. You can't ask for more, really.

2 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

"a pleasant trip into town"

This IS Bracknell we're talking about isn't it???

11:55 pm  
Blogger Si said...

Well, you know, the sun was shining and that makes it a bit nicer than usual!

7:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home