The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Making the arrangements

We've been attempting to meet up with Mark and Simon since Christmas, (not all that hard I have to shamefully admit, but we've made a little effort now) and it looked like this weekend would be the time we did it- but we're not quite there yet. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to meeting up with them again. We always leave it far too long between meeting up, which is ironic because they're geographically closer to us than any of our other friends. Maybe we're just rubbish, who can say? So maybe next weekend?

Anyway, this has meant that the weekend has been rapidly rearranged. My plan was for us to have a day out- go somewhere nice, have a bit of a walk, that kind of thing. We never go and visit anywhere and there are plenty of places we could go and see. However, that too has been put on hold, as we're going to see Paul and Jody tomorrow now. It's their son William's first birthday and we've been invited to the party. hooray! This is great because, shamefully, we haven't actually met William at all yet (see I told you we're slack at getting out and seeing people). It's not as if we're really busy people either. We just get caught up in life and stuff and suddenly the time is gone.

Still things should be better when the new job starts, as I'll only be working half days on a Saturday in future. That's a nice perk! It's reassuring to me that as I get promoted, gradually I'm getting more time free at the weekend. I've never resented working Saturdays much, because it was still better than at Forbuoys, but this will be wonderful!
The wind down at Bracknell has really begun. I went to my last meeting of the writer's group today and was given a big box of choccies and a a big round of applause for all my input and effort over the last couple of years, which was very gratefully received. Next week will be sad. I know I'm going to miss everyone a great deal, but I'm not going far at least. I've organised my leaving do (hooray!), passed on my jobs to the others, emptied my tray- now I've just got to the last three days (I've got some time off next week) and that's it. That sounds very odd to me. Ah well, I'll soon adjust I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home