The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Early Arrival

Oh, I was in a miserable mood yesterday morning. Tired, unsociable and my stomach hurt a bit because we'd eaten late the night before, which never does me much good. Sometimes I get a bit down when things don't quite go the way I'd like them to, and it makes life very difficult for Steve because I really need to be left alone for a while to get over it.
I think we've just had a run of weekends stuck in the house together and I'm just getting fed up of that! either that or I really am just a miserable old thing!

Yesterday morning didn't help. I got my haircut, at a new place for me, in Bullbrook. Steve always gets his haircut there and thinks highly of it, but I wasn't all that impressed. It was busy and there was a long wait and the woman was ok, but not brilliant. Still it was £1 cheaper than I usually pay, which was a little bonus and I got a pretty standard haircut, so maybe I was just being miserable for the sake of it by that point.

Anyway, we raced around after the haircut because we were due at Paul and Jody's in the afternoon for William's first birthday party. We got organised and out a little later than we should have done, out into the sunshine. Listened to Nocturne, which was a little above average for a BF at the moment and felt a bit brighter by the time we got there.
We went up to the house and Paul seemed a bit surprised to see us. Much to Steve's embarrassement and to my amusement, we were a whole day early! Ha! Poor Steve was mortified, poor thing! It probably didn't help that I found this very funny indeed and it fianlyl cheered me up.

We ended up staying anyway and had a lovely afternoon playing with William (who is a little cutey with his mop of very blode hair and cheeky giggle) and Tabby (who's grown up a great deal since we last saw her, and took a shine to Steve in the end!). We waited to see Jody, who was working at the charity shop for the afternoon and ended up staying til 7ish, when the kids went to bed, after keeping them entertained for a couple of hours. It was really lovel to see them, and have a chance to have a little chat with Paul and Jody, which we wouldn't have had much chance to do at the party.

We came home and had fish and chips, Steve played Supreme Commander and I watched Hustle. Lovely.

In a while we're going back for the actual party! At least we know we've got the right day this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home