The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Sunday

Yesterday turned out to be kind of productive in the end. While Steve was busy working on his latest video (and very good it was too. I know I'm probably a bit biased, but I like his vids because they show some imagination, unlike some others who seem content to put random clips to random stories and stand back and wait for the applause) I came upstairs and got another 500 or so words added to my literature review. Three new useful articles arrived from the British Library this week, and they've really added quite a lot to the review I think. I'd like to get on with the data collection now, and since Jackie is back this week, I'll be able to get her to look over my questionnaires and hopefully we'll be set to go very soon.

I made some great juice too as we watched The Avengers at lunchtime. I think one of the greatest gadgets we've bought since the move has been the food processor. We enjoy all kinds of smoothies made in the blender (though we desperatley need some new ideas as we tend to put the same things in each time). Yesterday we used the juicer attactchment for a change and made a citrus one, with oranges, grapefruit and lime and it was very sharp, but really tasty and incredibly healthy. I think we eat really healthily these days... I certainly feel really healthy. My weight tends to fluctuate a bit, but at the moment I'm quite thin, I walk to work everyday, I go swimming most weeks and I feel really good about myself.

We went for a nice walk too. One of the nice things about Bracknell is that from where we live there's only a 10 minute walk (at most) until you get to some nice woods to walk through. There's actually quite a bit left not too far from here and so we spent a happy hour chatting away, getting lost and bickering about what was the way home... I was wrong this time!

Steve made us a big chilli for dinner and we had a happy evening rewatching Doctor Who with the commentary on BBC 3, and watching some of our new Bond DVDs (thank you eBay!). It might not sound like much, but it was a really nice day!

Current Music: Blur: Beetlebum
Current Doctor Who: Web of Fear
Current T-Shirt: Everlast Red No 10

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet it wasn't as hot as the chilli I made to go in the enchilladas last night. Lords a mercy it's powerful stuff!

12:19 pm  
Blogger Si said...

It's unlikely that Steve's chilli was anywhere near as powerful as your was, Gaz... I know how hot you like them. I don't think our delicate palettes could stand it!!

4:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remain king of the chilli makers :)

Actually, now it's cold you can almost eat it without weeping, so it's quite tasty!

9:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home