The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

New Horizons

I'm knackered! I've been on courses all day today and my brain feels like soup. That I've got more to go to tomorrow makes me feel even more tired. I've got to take it all in though, as I'm learning to use the new library management system, Horizon, and somehow I've found myself into he situation of having to teach to the rest of the team. As it goes I think it's going to be an ok system, not better or worse than the existing Dynix system, just different. I do think some for the library ladies will have problems with all the different windows and getting the hang of new ways of working. They're a conservative lot at the best of times... and more so when computers are involved... We'll see... I'm glad I won't be working the day the system goes live though!

Still, tomorrow night does have the attraction of going to see Richard Dawkins and his lovely wife Lalla Ward doing a talk in Reading. I'm really looking forward to that.

The first of my questionnaires for the dissertation went out today! Now the fun bits really begin. I hope that all those relationships I've cultivated over the last few years with all the older customers will finally pay off now... we'll wait and see!

David Bowie is the music of choice here at the moment. I can't believe there was a time not all that long ago that I really couldn't stand his work... I was blinded by the crap 80's period. It's a good thing Dan was there to put me straight. Hunky Dory is on at the moment, a particular favourite (maybe because it was the first one I heard, and in rather unique circumstances too...) and I'm sure Diamond Dogs (my big favourite) will get a listen this week too. I go through phases like this, where one artist gets a decent playing... it's not a bad thing, is it?

Current Music: David Bowie: Kooks
Current mood: Tired
Current PS Poster Who's Acting Like A Twat: Batman at the Controls

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which of them's doing the reading?

8:59 pm  
Blogger Si said...

Both of them, as it turned out, and very entertainingly too.

10:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to wiki her to see if it twas the RD i'd heard of. And so it was!

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home