The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Lethargy on Sunday

I feel absolutely drained at the moment. I don't really know why, as I haven't really been doing anything out of the ordinary. I woke up yesterday with a sore ear and throat, which wasn't nice, and thankfully after a good night's sleep I seem to have shaken that off, but I'm still feeling very lethargic this morning. In fact I'd probably still be fast asleep if Steve hadn't called at 9.30 and woken me up. It's probably for the best that he did! (He's been off to Bristol to see Tim and James. I didn't go because I didn't feel up to it and I knew I'd have a miserable time if I did go. As it was I was in bed at 9.30 last night)

Everyone seems to be raving about last night's Doctor Who, and I don't know if it's because I was feeling a bit out of it or something, but I didn't think it was anything that special. I'm a bit undecided about it all really. There were some great moments in it, and some other moments that I really didn't like (although I was fine about the kiss, I didn't like the way the Doctor bragged about it afterwards, as that came across as a bit false and OTT to me)... but it does seem to be adding to the season's theme of loss and loneliness (at least that's what I think the season's theme is that... possibly leading up to the big revelation at the end from the Face of Boe that the Doctor isn't alone in the universe, perhaps? We'll see!). Maybe when I rewatch it with Steve later I'll change my opinion of it, but for now it stands as my least afvourite so far.

Current Music: Cocteau Twins: Calfskin Smack
Current mood: Lethargic
Current favourite fruit: Raspberries

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got back and watched it myself on tape. I rather enjoyed it - going with RTD's fairy tale idea (rich in pathos with love and loss) and really enjoyed it. Love the theme of love and the doctor (Is it just me or is Rose turning into a big jellous bitch this season?)

My bet for the end of the season - Micky or Rose die to reconfirm the Doctor as a love 'em and lose 'em kind of a guy.

Clockwork thingies were a bit dissapointing though (looked great, underused and not really all that threatening - cogs aren't THAT sharp).

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home