The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Last FM and Wednesday Stuff

Over the last week or so, I've become addicted to Last FM: http://www.last.fm/user/SiHart/ (that's my homepage there!) It might not look like the most exciting website ever, but it's certainly intriguing. Basically what it is does is collect the stats from whichever media player you use on your PC and record what you're listening to, and make weekly charts of it. Your stats add into the whole and you can see what the most popular songs by certain artists are (it's usually something you'd least expect, of course!) and of course you build up your own list of favourites as time goes on. We're both members here, along with some of friends and it's quite nice to see what everyone is listening too and how popular your favourites are...

It's been a typical Wednesday here, lots of work got done (I'm now up to over 5000 words on the dissertation... that's a whole 1/4 done!), went to the shops, came home, did some more work, watched some TV... not awfully exciting, but quite necessary. We're not swimming tonight though.

Our current favourite old TV show on DVD is A Bit of Fry and Laurie, which I treated myself to on Tuesday. Brilliant stuff. It's aged quite well, since it's now 17 years old, and it turns out it's full of really brilliant material. I always liked the surrealness of it, and that still works... Damn it John! Of course, we've yet to get to the really great stuff with Jack and Neddy, a sketch that at the time made me giggle like a loon for ages, but hopefully we'll get it in time!

Current DVD: A Bit of Fry and Laurie series 1
Current Music: Queen: Killer Queen
Current Doctor Who: Web of Fear (recon)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems you're going through a bond phase looking at the recent tracks - random selection?

9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And ok - you've convinced me :)
http://www.last.fm/user/kinggoose/

2:48 pm  
Blogger Si said...

Bond phase? Oh yes! Must be getting hold of some more of the DVDs recently that's done it. I had the player on random this morning which explains the odd selection!

I've added you as a friend... I expect to be out done in the cheesiness stakes very soon!

9:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is excellent, Simon. Last FM could be just the thing we need to tell us who is a spy and who is not a spy - for us, that is!

A nice cup of coffee certainly wouldn't go amiss at this paticular juncture.

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I've uploaded a load more MP3s to my work machine now, so expect chedder to arrive, only moreso...

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home