The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Premiers, Tension and Laughs

It's an odd feeling hearing people you know speaking lines you've written and other people you know listening and laughing at it. I was very odd really, but at the same time, really lovely. As I mentioned in my interview, when Si and I wrote Echoes of the Protii, we wrote jokes that made us laugh a great deal at the time, and while I've always found it funny, I wasn't sure if anyone else would get the humour (let's face it, back in 2002 Andrew Orton certainly didn't!) so it was rather gratifying to hear all the giggles on Saturday night as we sat in Si's living room listening to the play. Some bits didn't get the laughs I expected, but as I said it was all rather geared to our tastes at the time!
I'm probably a bit too close to it all to be able to give an unbiased view of the quality overall, but I have to say despite the limited resources of the recording (compared to other Doctor Who audio play producers), it's great. Si did a great job taking the recordings of various quality and stitching it all together. That we all contributed to something that was as good as this was is something everyone involved in it can be really proud of. I certainly am!
It's made to smile to read so many nice things about my performance on the forum (well, ok, a couple of nice things!). I wasn't really sure how it would go down, as me playing a woman was always going to be something that would divide the audience, especially as the voice is very silly, but to go to bed and hear downstairs everyone doing a Vera impression made me smile a great deal!

The plans are already being made to make a sequel later in the year. It's even managed to create a few tensions already, which I'm pleased to say were sorted out very quickly (though maybe I should have responded last night, but I was very, very tired and needed time to sort out what I felt about the situation and not get myself all cross about it, which I might have done if I'd replied last night) and a few excitable emails have been swapped between me and Si today as the project gathers a little momentum.
I'm very proud of the work that went into The Soap of Fatal Death, and I think that we've learnt a lot from Echoes and will put those lessons into the work we do for this one later in the year to make it even better. It's all so exciting!

Current Music: Kylie: Better the Devil You Know
Current Doctor Who: The Wheel in Space
Current favourite TV Trailer: Doctor Who Season 2

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send me an email to remind me of the purchasing links - and I'll give you a mention on me blog :)

10:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I simply haven't any more resources to produce more copies! However, I've no objection to you taking a copy off Si. In exchange, donations to the fund for Great Ormond Street can be made until 14th April into my paypal account - si_hunt99@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Si.

2:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great afternoon, it seemed to go down really well! I think the round of applause at the end of each episode said it all!

3:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheer's Si H - I shall have to do just that...

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home