The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Swimming

Last night we finally resumed swimming. We made a decision at the start of year to try and keep up with it better than at the end of last year, and would you believe it, last night was only the second time we've made it to the pool this year. With illness, trips away, more illness, tiredness, and some other excuses, we simply havn't had a chance to get round to it, so it was really good to be able to find we had no excuses and had to go last night!
We managed 26 lengths, which isn't bad. By the end of last year we were up to 40, but it's going to take us a little while to get up to that level again. I'm not a strong swimmer, and with the added problem of my dislocating shoulder I do worry about exercising (and that's another reason for me not to go the gym!) but the swimming seems to do me good and get me to use the shoulder a bit more than I would normally. I still can't do proper backstroke, because that movement really doesn't help the shoulder, but I seem to get along ok. Just got to remember how to do front crawl without ending up with a mouthful of chloriney water!

Current book: EF Benson: Lucia Victrix
Current Music: Agnetha Faltskog: My Colouring Book
Current words of dissertation proposal: 2345

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds about like me and the gym - always on the crux of attending and then...hmn, maybe tonight.

You know scanning this post I read "swimming bladder" in the two lines where it says "strong swimmer" and "dislocating shoulder". Clearly I think you are some kind of fish...

Current Music: A-ha: Cry Wolf
Current book: Brothers of the blood (Dredd)
Current assignment: Synthesising Webcopy (no, honestly)

8:26 am  
Blogger Si said...

It's a lot easier to think you'll go next week than to actually go. I have reservations about joining a gym, but Steve seems pretty keen. Of course, he hasn't actually done anything about it, but the idea is there!

Aha's Cry Wolf is a classic! I love that song.

2:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well once again we failed this weekend - though my excuse was I was soooo busy around the house that it counted as a work out!

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home