The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

More Echoes...

Just a week to go now until the cast finally hear Echoes of the Protii. I can't wait. I'm pleased to hear that we're doing well for orders so far. This is the best thing of all, that we're doing something we've all enjoyed with the proceeds going to charity.
As I've written elsewhere, my family are very grateful to Great Ormond Street for everything they've done for Luke and Annabel over the past few years. It's nice to be able to give something back. The proceeds are all going into my sister and brother-in-law's fundraising effort for their forthcoming parachute jump. They more than any of us know the great work that Great Ormond Street have done. Their fundraising is going well, with several great prizes being donated by local firms for their raffle (including a Dyson cleaner!), and with the proceeds of the CD, they should be well on their way to making the £800 target they need to do the jump.

Again, for anyone interested in obtaining a copy of Echoes of the Protii, you can get more information here: http://boosh.doxdesk.com/protii/
More information about Great Ormond Street Hospital can be found here: http://www.gosh.org/

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cor, hope it sounds better than the preview I heard - it was painfully amateurish...

(says the LARPer mind you)

Or is that part of the Children In Need style naff/kitsch charm?

6:42 pm  
Blogger Si said...

Well I'm sorry you found it amateurish. I thought, considering the fact that most of us had never done anything like this before that our efforts were pretty good. It certainly wasn't performed with "kitsch charm" in mind.

We've done it for a really good cause and for a bit of fun.

9:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that it was just the sound quality on the preview - and that it'll have more of a polish on the final version.

But so long as you had fun and it makes some money for charity - then more power to your collective elbows :)

8:20 am  
Blogger Si said...

Sorry, I was being a bit defensive about our work there!
We'll hear the results on Saturday and I'll let you know how it sounds. I didn't think the trailer sounded too bad, quality wise, but we did have a couple of people on PS say that the sound quality wasn't brilliant. Maybe you were just unlucky with your download!

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

De nada.

I stand ready to be amazed...

11:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think amateurish is to be expected given we are amateurs! Although I was quite pleased with how the trailer sounded when I'd done it!

I guess I should steel myself for negative comments, there are bound to be some. Who knows, maybe everyone will hate it!

Si.

1:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS Only one person on PS complained of sound quality and that was Paul who had his headphones plugged in. I'm afraid what you hear on the trailer is exactly what you'll be getting on the finished audio!

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home