The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Haircuts and other matters

I got my haircut at lunchtime. It's always a bit odd to see all the grey hair falling on my lap and realise it's mine... I'm coming to terms with it slowly. I should think myself lucky that I'm not losing it. I may be thinning a little on top, but it's not receding, which is good. Anyway, the haircut wasn't bad. I never quite know what to expect. I went for the standard no 1 round the back and sides and short and spiky on top, and it seems to have worked out well this time... sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes its left too long on top and gets too long to spike successfully, sometimes It just looks rubbish from the start, but today's I rather like, even if I've been wandering what the nice smell that's following me around is, realising an hour or so after that it's the product they used to spike my hair. I can't work out what it smells of this time. Last time it was oranges. Ah well, I don't suppose it matters much since I'm too tight to pay lots of money for hair products!

We've started to make our way through the massive Shakespeare boxset that we bought earlier this week. Apparently the correct term for watching all the Shakespeare plays is a Bardathon. Anyway, I'm digressing. We decided to watch them in original broadcast order (these are the complete Shakespeare plays that the BBC produced between 1978 and 1985), so Romeo and Juliet was first up. It was very good. People say that Shakespeare is difficult to follow. I think it's difficult to read but watching performances of the plays is different. providing it is played well the language and meaning is easy to ascertain. We certainly got really involved. I think it helped having a play we both know quite well, it remains to be seen how we cope with Richard II next week. If we enjoy each one as much as this one, then this will have been a very worthwhile purchase.

Its going to be a busy week. The library has Colin Dexter coming to visit to do a talk tomorrow night, which we're off too, Wednesday is swimming (we managed 36 lengths last week!), Thursday is my brother's birthday and Friday we're off to see my cousin in Stevenage before going to Si and Simon's for the weekend. We haven't had a week like this for a while. I hope Steve doesn't get too stressed. he tends to when we have a lot on. One things for sure, I don't think I'm going to get much done on my dissertation this week. Ah well, there's always next week.

Current Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet
Current Music: Jim Noir: Tower of Love
Current Big Finish Adventure: Doctor Who: Timeworks by Steve Lyons

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Least you've got hair! I have a few grey hairs myself now :(

8:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always depressing to watch the grey hairs falling isn't it? It always looks worse when it's cut off, and also when it's not gelled. I left my hair ungelled a few weeks ago and Simon said "Ooh arn't you grey? I never noticed before". The old charmer.

8:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you considered Just for Men? Or perhaps the Shatner approach...

11:09 am  
Blogger Si said...

I don't think I'm quite ready for the wig option yet!

6:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myself on the other hand...

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home