The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, March 17, 2006

We had a very pleasant evening with Grandma yesterday. She's staying with Mum and Dad for a couple of days on the way back from her 6 week trip to New Zealand. It sounds like she had a wonderful trip (despite the bizarre actions of my Uncle and Aunt, who she stayed with) and she looks really well and happy at the moment.
I sometimes wonder if she suspects I'm gay. It's such a difficult thing. I don't want to tell her in case it upsets her and she finds it hard to accept, because I don't think that's fair. Of course, she might be fine about it and surprise us all, but I don't know that it's worth taking the risk. Last night she did give Steve a kiss as she left, which seemed odd under the circumstances (since he is just "my friend"), but maybe I'm just reading too much into it all and looking for patterns that aren't there? Who knows.
Anyway it's been lovely, as always to spend some time with her. I've been very lucky to be a part of a young family, meaning that I've still got one active Grandparent left. I've spent a lot of time with them over the years and I'm glad of that. I miss Grandad though, even though I didn't see him all that often, I miss the fact that he's not around. He was a very special man.

Current mood: Thoughtful
Current music: Blur: Beetlebum
Current Doctor Who Reference Book: I, Who:2

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect she suspects, but at her age has decided to let sleeping dogs lie...

8:11 am  
Blogger Si said...

You're probably right, and as I don't want to go upsetting her either, so we'll remain in this happy, not saying anything state for now!

12:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's become one of the fine family secrets that everyone knows, but few acknowledge. In a very british way we just get on with things...

(and for some reason the phrase "British way" has left me craving bacon, eggs, tea and brown sauce - and I don't even particually like brown sauce...)

8:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home