The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Na-na-na-na-nananah!

Hey Jude!
Sometimes I forget how much I like The Beatles. Just listening to Love, which has stood up to repeated listens in a way I didn't think it would. It just works, and it's done with such care and attention to detail, that half the time, even after all these listens I'm still sat here trying to work out what's been thrown into the mix each time round and marvelling that outrageous things like the start of Octopus's Garden works as well as it does. Great stuff!

Tomorrow we are off to Liverpool. It's my first ever visit, which is kind of odd, as it really is somewhere I should have visited by now. Somehow that particular part of the coast is somewhere I've missed on my various travels round the UK. I'm looking forward to The Beatles Experience, exploring the city, the strange lamb things Gaz saw all over the city...

And, of course, the wedding too. Should be great fun. Well worth the 3.5 hours in the car the AA reckons the trip will take. Hopefully it'll be a good clear run. We'll have plenty of things to listen to though... we're still bickering over The Auton Invasion or the two most recent BFs. Who knows. We'll find out tomorrow.

Then late Monday we're off to Moraira for sun, reading, swimming and good meals (well we had all that last time, there's no reason to think we won't do all that again). It's going to be a relaxing holiday this time, not like the last one. Not that there's any comparison, of course, but there's something to be said for taking time off just to stop, catch up with some good books (and I have got many good books lined up, oh yes!) and enjoy not doing anything much at all. Bliss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home