The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Bank Holiday Weekend

It's been a busy few days.

Friday night we were joined by Ant and Ali for the evening, as they recorded their parts for the two forthcoming audios, Curse of Ratanapura and The Crystal Eye. Ant made a great effort to not sound like his previous characters, which was good, and Ali was brilliant in both her roles. Since she admitted she hadn't really done anything like this for a long, long time I think she did really well. It's a lot to ask of anyone really, but we're always pleased to have new people involved. Of course , as with all these get togethers, it gives us a chance to catch up with people we don't see as often as we should and gave me the chance to have a good chat with Ali and Ant, which is always a pleasure.
But did I really camp it with Steven Moffat back in the day? I don't remember. Maybe someone has the photo? Ant is convinced I did.

Saturday began with a quiet morning at work, followed by shopping. We went to Bracknell, I bought some books (including a book of short stories by Rob Shearman, which I'm really looking forward to reading and Leave it to Psmith by PG Wodehouse, which Lissa rates as one of the finest novels ever written, so I'm going to give it a go). We didn't track down the new Doctor Who figures. Or buy a shirt and tie for me for the wedding on Friday.
So we went to Woking on the way to pick up Chris. I found a shirt. And a fabulous silver tie. Very good. There weren't the figures I wanted, but Steve ended up with a box of figures from series 3, which came in a big box- 10 for £20. Bargaintastic. They look quite good by the TV at the mo, but I have a feeling they won't stay there too long. It's an odd thing collecting the figures. Some of them look good and are worth having, but it's difficult to justify them. I have to say that this is really all my fault as I love the look and idea of the forthcoming ones from the original series- they just look fantastic and seem far more exciting then the new series ones, really.
Went to see Hellboy 2 with Chris, Fran and Joe. It was great fun. Very enjoyable, lots of great moments and very different to the other superhero movies this year. I'm glad we made the effort to go and see it. We're not always good at getting to see things at the cinema after all.
Oh and good luck to Chris with the move to Derby. Hope everything goes well up there and we'll definitely try and get up to see you... not sure exactly when, but you never know!

Sunday we woke up decadently late at 10.20! Oh my!
Went to the Manor to meet Ashley and Mike (and Cameron) and had a good few hours chattering to them. It was good. I was pleased to hear Cameron wasn't too bored though. It's sometimes difficult to know what to say to him and get him involved since he's so much younger than the rest of us.
It was a beautiful evening. I cleaned out Charlie's hutch and we had lovely strawberries and ice cream for tea.

Today has been good too. Great driving lesson, where finally I got the hang of clutch control and only stalled twice! Fantastic progress on the last couple I'll tell you.
Went to Watford. Did more shopping can you believe it. Got some new shorts for the holiday, another book and persuaded Steve to buy some CDs! A triumph!
We also popped in to collect the rabbit run from Paul and Lesley and spent a very pleasant couple of hours with them (and Stuart too). Always good to see them. :)

Oh and Si was ever so pleased with the secret Doctor Who adventure I made for him! Hooray- that's my work done for now!

And now here I am, talking to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home