The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Busy days!

I seem to be perpetually tired at the moment. I don't know why. I suspect we do too much and never quite have enough time to catch up, or else it's the getting up on my days off to have a driving lesson. Though I don't suppose I can use that excuse at the moment as my instructor is on holiday. Oh well. It's all worth it.

We had a lovely weekend with Paul and Jody, Tabby and William. It's good having friends with kids, even though it means for most of the time you're not really chatting with them, just helping to entertain the kids. Fortunately that's something I enjoy (and I'm quite good at- as is Steve) so it wasn't a problem at all. Who'd have thought that pretending to be asleep and then being woken up with a clap would keep them so entertained? I suppose it's often the simplest things that work best.
Paul and Jody are good friends. I'd forgotten, as it's been a while, how Jody likes to find things out when she's drunk. We got questioned at length. I'm not sure that we gave her the answers she wanted though. Never mind. In many ways her curiosity reminds me of Chris who asks us similar things when he's drunk. They could get together and pool their knowledge. That'd cut out the middle man, so to speak. It was good fun nonetheless. And Steve made a good tiger. Hopefully there will be pictures soon.
Oh and I'm definitely not posh. Though I think Jody still suspects that Steve is.

Things are busy at work at the moment. We're coming up to the summer holidays and it's time for this years reading scheme- The Team Read. We've got to up our take up and completion rates by 10% on last years figures, and all the staff are really fired up about it. We're already half way there at Great Hollands and the holidays haven't even officially begun yet. It's good to have working to the same goals. Just imagine what it'd be like if the whole library service was like that... Oh what am I saying? That's just a dream!

The new season of PS audios are going down well so far. We've put Heart of the Haniad up now and Steve has had some splendid reviews for his script. I'm up next, as at long last Heist! goes public from Saturday. I can't wait to see what everyone makes of it. I'm rather proud of it as it goes. We'll see at the weekend.
There is a rather splendid interview with of all us to be found here. Thanks again to everyone who helped collate it.

And at the weekend we're taking Luke to the Albert Hall for the Doctor Who Prom. I'm really looking forward to it. The music should be great, and on this visit to the Albert Hall, we're not sitting up high, so I'm not going to suffer with vertigo like when we saw the Finn Brothers there a while back. Hopefully, we're off to the Earls Court exhibition afterwards too- have to make the most of taking Luke out for the day, after all.

Oh and Jeeves and Wooster is going down well here at the moment! What Ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home