The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The state of things this week

It's been a funny old week so far. It's rained a lot. A good friend has been very offended by something I said (or at least I think I said it) and I've been feeling guilty about it. I hope he's OK.

I've been extremely tired and a bit out of sorts with the world really. I have lots to do and I haven't felt like doing any of it. *sigh*

What I want is more time. More time to recover, but I seem to spend my life being busy and I'm not so good at that at the moment. I'm really looking forward to my trip to Cornwall to stay with Grandma the week after next, as I might get the time to recover a bit then. I hope so. It feels like ever such a long time since I had some time off work, and with my day off taken up with learning to drive there's not much chance to catch up with anything, let alone myself. I feel shattered.

Work is about to get a great deal more difficult. Lisa is pregnant, Nicola is off on maternity leave and now Pat, who I rely on ever such a lot is off for a hip replacement in 3 weeks time. I don't know how we're going to cope. Staffing, as ever, is incredibly tight and there just isn't the provision for all the hours I'm going to need covered. Pat picks up all the holes in my timetable, when i find I can't be in two places at once and those holes are going to be suddenly uncovered and I have the feeling that everything is going to crumble around me. I have visions of getting it wrong each week, missing hours I need covered out of my requests and the whole thing tumbling down around me.
And it'll probably happen while I'm away. And then things will be bad when I'm back. Or someone will go sick while I'm away and who knows what happens then. Arghh!

I shouldn't worry about these things, but it comes with the job.

On the plus side I have been enjoying seasons 3 and 4 of Grange Hill on DVD. Shame they're probably not going to release any more.
We had a nice lunch at South Hill Park with Pat Taylor yesterday too.

2 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:44 pm  
Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Annoyed - but not taking offense at you personally! ;-)

I'm echoing a lot I've read in there. I don't know if it's because we've had two wrecked summers in a row now, but I feel kind of tired out, but just perpetually doing stuff and never resting. Stretched.

"Like butter spread over too much bread".

You know what that leads to.

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home