The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Down and Safe

Well would you believe it, BBC 7, the archive BBC radio channel of choice spent 3 hours celebrating Blake's 7 yesterday, calling it... Down and Safe. Well I never! What a great title. I'm sure it's just a coincidence though, isn't it? Isn't it?
Just having a quick listen now, as I'd forgotten it was on. Nice tribute from Mitch Benn to begin with, which I thought was going to be all generic, predictable "bad clothes, bad effects, camp, camp, camp" but it wasn't it was rather affectionate. Aww!

I'm still not sure about the new audio series really, mostly because I find it hard to imagine anyone else playing the characters I've come to know and love. I mean, who else could ever be Avon and Servalan except Jacqueline Pearce and Paul Darrow. I'll have to give them a go though for the articles, and maybe I'll find them better then, I don't know. I'm always optimistic.
And as for it coming back to TV, well again I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it, if it ever gets made, of course... who knows. There's certainly still some potential in the idea and there's so many parallels they can make to the current state of the world. It could be great. I hope so.

Of course anyone who wants to read more about my thoughts on Blake's 7 can go to www.thevervoid.com and look up Down and Safe. You'll find all you ever wanted to know about the costuming, if nothing else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home