The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Food

It's been a funny few days.
We had a lovely evening on Friday. For the first time, we went out en masse with Mum and Adam, as it's Mum's birthday tomorrow. We went to the new pub/ restaurant, Peacock Farm, on the other side of Bracknell and had a really good time. Everyone was in a good mood and there was lots of chatter and banter between us all. Even Adam didn't seem too daunted by us all, which was good to see, as we can be a bit much when we're all together.
The food was good. Unfortunately just after we'd had the cup of tea at the end, I felt really odd. All hot and bloated. I went off to the loo and threw up everywhere. It was horrible. I don't know if I'd just eaten too much (we had had three courses and there were lots of ribs) but I really wasn't well, and I felt a bit grim all day Saturday.

Which wasn't too good really as we'd invited Richard and Mike over. Still, despite not feeling quite myself, we had a good time with the tow of them. We made a great dinner and dessert- Steve made a Thai style mushroom stroganoff, which was a bit runny (not helped by me only one can of coconut milk) and a lime cheesecake, which hadn't set properly. It ended up over most of the kitchen worktops and in a heap on the plate I'd put by to stand it nicely on. Arghh! Still it tasted nice, that was the main thing! Fortunately they'd both had some wine and could see the funny side of it!
We spent the evening playing Mario Cart on the Wii. It was good fun. Yes I know I don't like that kind of thing usually, but I have to say the Wii is an excellent console. Mostly because I can play the games fairly competently I suppose!

Good Doctor Who too. It was quite fun to see the flipside, of what might happen if he wasn't there to sort the monsters. Catherine Tate was as excellent as usual. She's been so good this year.

Today has been lovely too. Nice chat with Richard and Mike before they left, a trip to the garden centre to see the fish (Mike keeps tropical fish) and then we came home and went on a nice bike ride round Bracknell in the sunshine. I was quite tired, but we managed half and hour or so today, whcih was very good. I like the fact we just go randomly round the town, nothing set rtoo set. I know my way around quite well really (even if we did get a bit lost a few weeks back) so it's not too bad if we set out and just head in any old direction... we eventually get home again.

I've been doing some more writing this afternoon. I think it's ok. I just need to get it down really and then let Paul edit it.

Another driving lesson tomorrow. Yes, I'm actually doing it! Really! This week I was told I had really good clutch control, we did some roundabouts and I got up to third gear! Oh my! I know that doesn't sound much, but I was quite proud of how I'm doing really. This time I'm determined to see it through. However long it takes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home