The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mulling over Mullion trips and PS audios and that kind of thing

It's really nice to think that I won't be working a full week for the next few weeks. 4 weeks of various holidays; wonderful!

I'm back from a little visit to Cornwall, down to Mullion to stay with Grandma. It's good to make these visits. I don't like to be negative, but we never know what's round the corner and I'd like to make sure I make the most of the time she has left. Besides which, now Grandad is no longer with us, I think it's very important to make the effort to keep in touch with her and make sure she's OK. She probably wouldn't like us to admit any of that to her face, but you know, it's true. But, the biggest thing to remember is that I go because I want to. I want to spend time with her. My grandparents, particularly on Mum's side have always been a big part of my life, and she will always be.
Hmm. I'm not sure that was actually what I wanted to write or whether it sounds quite right. Oh well.

It was a relaxing time, mostly because the weather wasn't up to much, so neither was I! There wasn't really much opportunity between the showers to get out for the walks I usually enjoy along the coast, and even our now usual bus trip round the county was somewhat unexciting because we didn't know how the weather was going to go. As it was the weather was pretty good in Falmouth on Tuesday, and I enjoyed sitting in the sun with a cup of tea on the seafront, but it simply wasn't easy to plan anything else.
So I relaxed. I read several novels, I listened to Classic FM, watched the Olympics a bit and chatted a great deal and eat a great deal (though the portions seemed smaller than they have been in the past, thank goodness!). Of course I also showed all the photos from the New Zealand trip, which she enjoyed a great deal, and we watched the DVD of the Trans-Alpine train trip, which brought back from nice memories of February. It seems such a long time ago now.
Rather touchingly when I rang Grandma last night to tell her I got home safely, she said she was already missing me. You know what, that makes it all worthwhile.

I missed Steve though, and I still don't quite feel comfortable having to skirt round the whole of our relationship. It was good to come home and see him again. I'll stop now before you're all sick!
Ahem.

Lots going on, as always the next few weeks. Ali and Ant are coming to record some bits and pieces for the next plays tomorrow night, we're off doing things and seeing people and stuff over the weekend, then next Friday it's off to Liverpool for Phil and Emma's wedding and then the following Tuesday off to Spain for a relaxing holiday in the sun where we don't do much except read lots of novels... well that's the plan, anyhow!

I'm also working away at a story idea for a play next year. It's going to be a bit of an epic the way it stands at the moment. Should be fun, if I can make it work OK. At the moment I'm full of ideas about it, full of things I'd really like to do with this story, but I've got to be disciplined and work out what works and what doesn't, and get it into some kind of shape. I think this one needs to be right or people will be disappointed.

The reactions to Heist! were splendid and I was incredibly pleased with the way it was received. The twist, which was the big thing I worried about went down well and surprised just about everyone (even Martin who was in it!) so I suppose I did OK. There are many things I would do differently, production wise if I was going to do it all again (I still worry about characters moving around in a scene and how you adequately portray that) but you know, I'm proud of it. Not sure I want to be in a hurry to do it all over again though!
There is a certain allure to having complete control over a project like this though from script to direction to production...

Oh and I finished the secret project off too. But more on that soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home