The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Simon has the flag

Myself and Steve had decided we'd take the centre path and ran into the woodland, guns at the ready. We came to a stop at a conveniently placed barricade and bunkered down as the crossfire from the opposing team started. Our aims were pretty good (or the volume of firepower perhaps) and we'd taken out the snipers. Steve headed off forwards up the hill, veering off the left, and I found myself on my own.
This turned out to be a good thing. There didn't seem to be any shooting at me (for a change) so I decided to take a tentative walk. Still no shooting, so I began to run up the hill, ducking for cover every so often, just in case... but nothing. All good I thought.
Suddenly I found myself at the top of the hill. Still no gunshots at me. The red and white striped tape marked the boundary of the course and I thought, I must be close to the pink team base. Looking to my right I found I was, and there was the goal, the rather grey and tattered flag. Oh what the hell I thought, I should go and get it. I'm bound to be shot, but what the hell. I pelted to the base, gun ready, just in case...
I grabbed the flag from the top of the tape and ran as fast I could away from the base. Still all clear of pink team members. I couldn't quite believe it- I'd got it. Expecting to be shot down any minute I began to retrace my steps and found I was running as fast as I could down the hill. The sweat was pouring off me by now and I still expected to be taken out any moment.
Coming down the hill I could see the first person I'd spotted for minutes. Pink band on the arm... oh no! But, my luck was in! She had her back to me. I took a couple of cheeky shots and took her out and ran off before she even realised I'd been there. I ran and ran, and eventually our base was in sight. Other orange team members were around now, and ran with me as I made it to the base with the flag.
Triumphantly, with our referee behind me I ran in and threw it over the stripy tape that marked our base out among the trees. The ref bellowed "Game over" and singlehandedly I'd won the round for the team! Me! Wow!
It felt really good!

Yes, we've been out in the sunshine paintballing today. It was great fun, despite me not really knowing anyone there very well. Hot and sweaty but there's something really fun about running round the woods firing paint at people. I wouldn't have thought it was something I'd enjoy but I did at Jay's stag do last year and I did again today.
We lost overall, but it didn't matter. I enjoyed being part of the team and being someone who managed to help make sure the orange team lost by a lesser margin!

We didn't get to play on the course with the Police Box though, sadly. Ah well!

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

How did you manage it - we almost died in the heat in our cricket gear!

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home