The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Unique Material

It's an odd feeling to know that in some small way all my years of taping odd little Doctor Who related snippets off the TV have paid off.
There was a plea put out by The Doctor Who Restoration Team, who are in change of the excellent DVD range for fans to get in touch if they;ve got certian material in their collections, not actual episodes but clips, continuity announcements, interviews and trailers that kind of thing, since these are less likely to reside in the BBC archives. There were certain items they really wanted, including the Season 17 trailer which was specially shot in 1979, which I've got a copy of. Being a couple of generations down from their optimum requirement, I was a bit reticent to get in touch, but Steve said I ought to anyway.
So it turns out I've got a couple of things that may not exist anywhere else! Oh my! One of the things I only rediscovered recently, so that's extra pleasing for me! Whether they can use it remains to be seen, but at least I've done my bit and who knows, I may get a credit on a forthcoming DVD!

I'm enjoying a couple of days off work at the moment. I've been gardening while the sun is shining, giving everything a much needed clear up. I've ground to a holt as I've filled four garden sacks now and we haven't got any more! This is the problem with having scots pines in the garden- they shed needles in the slightest breeze... so that's most of the time! Still it does look very tidy out the back now, which is good.
Otherwise I'm not doing a great deal, just putting more stuff from our video collections onto DVD... I did a nice ABBA DVD yesterday, which was fun to watch.

2 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

I must despise you now, all this nice weather and I've been locked in my office most this week.

You can bet if I get a day off next week it'll rain ...

12:32 am  
Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

I'm off today ... and it's raining ... :-(

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home