The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bittersweet Me

That's it then. My time at Bracknell as a library assistant is done and dusted.

It was an odd day really. As I'd been off the last couple of days, it felt like I was coming back for a guest appearance today. As it is, that's probably for the best because I'm a big old softie and if there'd been a massive send off like there normally is when someone goes, I'd have probably shed a few tears. I'm spared that for now, at least until next week's leaving do. So it was just a quiet day- I did my last stint on the counter this morning and got to say goodbye to some of my favourite customers, Mr & Mrs Erl and Mr & Mrs Ely- although not all my favourite customers have surnames that begin with E... honest, and it's nice to hear that they'll miss me.

There's lots that I'll miss at Bracknell. The people for a start. I've made a lot of good friends there, and it's going to feel odd not seeing them every day. In some ways it's not too bad, as I'm not leaving completely- I'm just going to a new workplace, and I'm still going to have lots of contact with them all, and I'll still get an invite to the Christmas do each year (or at least I'd better!)... that doesn't mean I shouldn't feel bittersweet though... and I definitely do.

So next week, the new challenges begin. I've already uncovered many inadequacies in the new job and things that haven't been thought out and considered properly. And that's before I even start the job. Goodness knows what else is to come... I'm looking forward to finding out though!

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

My advice for the new place is to take it slowly, get people on side and get there one step at a time "Rome wasn't built in a day".

I feel a bit silly saying that, as having met you I think you'll be fine, you're a great person and you'll make a super boss - so long as you don't let the power go to your head! ;-)

8:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home