The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Cold

My goodness, it's turned cold this morning. This is a a bit of a problem as it turns out because, as is usual with these things the boiler has decided not to work. It's bizarre really, because it first failed in late spring, at which point we weren't too upset because it was warm. So we didn't do anything about it, then a few weeks back the boiler was serviced, when miraculously it worked again as soon as the engineer from British Gas turned it on. It worked fine until we went away, we came back and that's been it.

Now we're cold! So it's going to be big jumpers all round until we get round to phoning a plumber. We might have to fork out for an emergency plumber unless we can hold on until next Wednesday when it's my day off. We'll see how we go.

Anyway, aside from that we had a good swim last night and finally, after all these months of going upped the amount of lengths we swam. Yes, the total now stands at the mythical number, 42. I manged 22 of those on my front, which was a bit of an achievement too. I'm happier on my back you see, even though I can't manage proper backstroke anymore because it'd pop my shoulder out, but my adaptation of sculling means that I can do the lengths really quite quickly. Well, comparatively anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regardless of if it appeared to behave itself when the service man came, he's paid to make sure it works! So you shouldn't be paying for an emergency plumber if the guy has certified that he's "serviced" it, yet it still has a fault. Ring them back and tell them your boiler isn't working after being recently serviced. They should, by rights, agree to fix it free of charge.

Si.

10:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if I were you, I'd bring those jumpers with you this weekend - our house is rather parky at the best of times, and currently more like sub-arctic!

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home