The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Crumble

There's a great little song by Lorraine Bowen with the lyrics:

Everybody's good at cooking something
And I'm good at cooking crumble.

And I am! I made an apple and blackberry one on Sunday evening and it turned out really well. Of course, they're incredibly easy to make, so it's not a huge achievement, but that doesn't stop it being a great pudding. I was very pleased that my guesstimation approach to the quantities required for the topping worked out fine (for a change) and it wasn't too sweet (or indeed unlike that Carrot Cake earlier this year, not sweet enough) and even though I forgot to put some sugar in with the fruit, it wasn't too sharp! Overall, a great success!

Speaking of Lorraine, we're going to see her live in Covent Garden in a few weeks time. It seems like it's been a long time coming,m since I first heard her songs in 1997 and she's sort of been in the background ever since, and only know have I actually really got into her music. Who'd have thought one woman and a Casio keyboard could make so many fun songs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home