The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Out for a Run

Yesterday morning, the inhabitants of Crown Wood were treated to a wholly improbable sight... me, out for a run. Yes, that dreaded day finally arrived, the day, after much prompting from Steve that I finally agreed that i would go running with him. I never thought I'd give in, but really I've got the stage after a couple of months of seeing my waistline expanding a little more than it should, that it was time I did something about it.

So we went running. We didn't go far and didn't push ourselves to hard the first time- we were running for about 10 minutes and did a circuit from Home to Savernake Lake and back to home, but it was a bit of a push for me (I haven't actually done any sustained running since school- except for the one time I went out with my old housemate, Lucy in early 2001), which proves to me that I'm not as fit as I thought I was. That said, I found I quite enjoyed it, and I promised I'd go again next weekend and try to do a little more distance than we managed this week.

Torchwood was good last night. Possibly the best episode so far. I loved the slightly doomy melancholy atmosphere and it added a bit more to Owen's character, which was appreciated. Next week's looks even better!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done you! I went back to gym after a month enforced rest yesterday and am suffering for it. Only managed two 10 minute runs, which is a bit down on what I can do normally - have to see what I can do tomorrow night!

8:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right watched Torchwood now. Hmn, better yes but oh so much of a mishmash still. Fire Gwen, fire Token Asian Woman, fire Office Temp Lad and execute everyone who's had a hand in scoring or overlaying the music!

The show'll be tighter and better as the Jack & Owen Show!

10:14 pm  
Blogger Si said...

I thought Gareth Thomas was really good though!

I ached all day yesterday after the run. Still got a long way to go I think before I'm good at it!

7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home